Friday, March 7, 2014

The Sassy Redhead: Sarah Rafferty


With the season 3 of Suits premier this week it is only fitting to honour the vivacious character of Donna Paulsen played by Sarah Rafferty.
Sarah Rafferty
Sarah Rafferty is an American television and film actress, but is most popularly known from her character Donna on the USA Network drama Suits. Rafferty the youngest of 4 girls grew up in Greenwich Connecticut.  She has been married to her husband since 2001. The couple have 2 daughters together Oona and Iris.


Fun Fact: Rafferty studied theater abroad at the University of Oxford. She also studied at the Yale School of Drama, where she received a Master of Fine Arts, and met her future Husband. 

Rafferty, loves the character of Donna and describes her as being apologetically awesome. Although she loves the character she says the two could not be more different in real life. Rafferty sees herself as a mom first and an actress second. Whereas the character of Donna always puts her work before her personal life. Rafferty loves how quick witted and confident Donna is and feels she possesses those same qualities within herself.

Sarah Rafferty and Gabriel Macht

Fun Fact: Sarah Rafferty and Gabriel Macht (Who plays Donna's boss Harvey Specter on Suits) Have been best friends for over 20 years. The pair met in 1993 at the Williamstown Theatre Festival. In fact they are so close that when they are in Toronto filming Suits they are actually roommates. 

Sarah Rafferty may not be the most popular ginger to grace the screen, but she is certainly one that demonstrates the confidence and sass needed to hold the title of Redhead.





For your viewing pleasure a typical "Donna" scene from Suits:

5 comments:

  1. I love Suits!! Donna is such a ball buster to Harvey! I love their chemistry. Nice to know they have the history off screen too. My grandfather was a red head and I love that I have highlights of red in my hair naturally (can see in certain light). Thanks for showcasing all the red heads of the world Sloane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing about Sarah! I love suits and Donna is definitely one of my favourite characters. She's definitely someone I could pictures myself working (and getting along with). Interesting to know that Donna and Harvey are friends off-screen too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking the stereotypical ginger mould? But...now who will I make soulless jokes about?

    All joking aside, this is a pretty neat blog to showcase a pretty neat group of people. Great stuff!

    (Also, can we expect a post about Game of Thrones' Ygritte in the near future...?)

    -J-

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUITS - yay great post Sloane! Donna is for sure one of my favourite characters on suits . And i like the little fun fact you added about Donna and Harvey's history - I never knew that (I am also a HUGE fan of Harvey haha) (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a good read, I had no idea Suits was filmed in Toronto.
    I'll have to start re-watching it.

    ReplyDelete